There are attractive venues for a family vacation in Vietnam based on this exhilarating itinerary. You’ll journey from north to south, from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City, over 11 days, with activities and excursions that seem tailor-made to make the whole family smile. Your kids can have a chance to get a fascinating tour of must-see historical sights in the capital, do kayaking through the inspiring limestones of Halong Bay, learn in a martial arts session or witness an artisan kitemaker at work before trying their hand at making their kites and flying them in Hue Citadel, crawl through the famous Cu Chi Tunnels, and enjoy the bike trips in the fascinating Mekong Delta. Overall, you’ll return home from your Vietnam family vacation with lifelong memories, numerous stories to tell, and children longing to go back.
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour
Day 3: Hanoi – Halong/ Bai Tu Long Bay Overnight Cruise
Day 4: Halong Bay – Hanoi – Train to HueDay 5: Hue Ancient Beauty
Day 6: Hue Biking Day
Day 7: Hoi An Ancient City
Day 8: Da Nang – Ho Chi Minh City
Day 9: Cu Chi Tunnels Full Day
Day 10: Mekong Delta Discovery
Day 11: Ho Chi Minh Departure
- Arrive in Hanoi, Vietnam
*With tree-lined boulevards and low-rise buildings, Vietnam's busy capital is designed in the spirit of a French provincial town. It's a fantastic city to walk around in.
- Meet you at the hotel lobby at 6 p.m. for a welcoming gathering, and those who desire can head out to dinner
- There are no further activities scheduled for today, so you can arrive in Hanoi whenever you choose
- If you want to enjoy complimentary airport transport today, you must fly to Noi Bai International Airport (HAN), which is 30 kilometers away and takes around 1 hour.
- If you cannot attend the welcome meeting, your guide will notify you of any important information as soon as possible
- If your aircraft comes earlier in the day, you might want to visit the Hanoi Old Quarter, a maze of tiny streets called after the city's artists' numerous trades and specialties
- Food vendors lure you with warm noodles, snacks, and stir-fried treats on the sidewalks
- Trip to Hanoi, including a cookery class and a city tour if desired
- This morning, you accompany your tour guide on a Hanoi sightseeing trip
- Stop at the One-Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literatures, and Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum
- Afternoons are free to participate in an optional cooking lesson
- Walk around Hanoi's exquisite French Quarter
- Watch a spectacular performance of traditional water puppetry
*The stories, which take place on a flooded stage, relate to mythical heroes and ordinary life, with dragons and unicorns frequently appearing alongside pyrotechnics and naval battles.
- Leave Hanoi after breakfast and head for Ha Long Bay
- Embark on a Halong overnight cruise
*Halong Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Southeast Asia's most breathtakingly stunning landscapes, provides the scene for an overnight cruise.
- The cruise set sail for Halong Bay
- Visit the fishing village and sea kayaking
- Lunch is given immediately after embarkation
- Kick back and observe Halong Bay's iconic towering limestone islands capped by rainforest
- Visit a fishing village by rowing boat or kayak, depending on your preference
- The rest of the afternoon is spent exploring the bay, filled with caverns and caves and littered with hundreds of islets
- Anchor overnight at Ha Long Bay, with dinner supplied on board
- Experience fresh sea cuisine and traditional specialities
- Continue the second-day excursion after a small breakfast of pastries, tea, and coffee
- Explore a cave, which has various stalactite and stalagmite limestone formations in an outstanding cavern
- Return to our boat and continue cruising through the bay
- Brunch is available onboard
- Reunite with our car and return to Hanoi from Port
- The remainder of the day is free, with two-day use rooms available for the party to freshen up
- Head to Hanoi's central railway station to join the Reunification Express overnight sleeper train to Hue
- Travel in four-passenger soft sleeper cabins, with all bedding provided
*Please note that breakfast will not be given on the train; thus, it is recommended that you purchase snacks for the morning before boarding.
- Arrive in Hue and take in some of the attractions of this historic city
- Explore the Royal Palace, where Terracotta Warriors guard
- Move to the landmark Thien Mu Pagoda, which houses the city's oldest monastery
- Visit the home of a Vietnamese national champion kite flier
- Learn how to manufacture traditional Vietnamese kites
- Spend time decorating kites with famous motifs like dragons, birds, and peacocks before flying them on the neighboring Citadel grounds
- Walk along with the Imperial City and admire its ancient structure
*The Imperial City is located in the center of the Citadel, which is more than 600 meters long on each side. The Citadel is a magnificent landmark that spans approximately 10 kilometers in diameter. There are four entry gates to the Imperial City, although the King only utilizes the Noon Gate.
- Back to your hotel and take a rest in your private room
- You should consider enjoying the Hue Night Culinary Tour Half day to explore more about Hue's traditional cuisine
- Cycle through the countryside, traditional wood painting, and a martial arts class are all on the agenda
- For a guided walk and boat trip, you head to Trieu Son hamlet, which is located along the Perfume River
- The first visit is to Sinh village, you meet a local family that specializes in wood painting
- Learn how to create these traditional artifacts
- Next, cycle around the hamlet and via country lanes to Thanh Tien village, known for its paper flowers
- Continue through paddy fields and the Vietnamese countryside to Tien Non hamlet
- Board the cruise boat to Hue (total cycling distance is approximately 6km)
- The next trip is to a dedicated martial arts school
- Learn about the Vietnamese art of Kinh Van, which is similar to Kung Fu and is centered on tiger, cobra, and bird defense tactics
- Next, proceed to Hoi An, an ancient merchant coastal town across the Truong Son Mountains and the Hai Van Pass
- Enjoy Hoi An on your way, or try the local food with this reference: Hoi An Motorbike Street Food Tour Half Day. This tour starts at 6 pm
- Overnight in Hoi An
- Explore your Hoi An free day by yourself.
*Recommendation for you:
- You should start your day with a visit to Hoi An's fish market, which provides the ideal scene for some fantastic photos and unforgettable interactions with the locals.
- Before roaming around the city's historical collection of traditional wooden houses and Chinese temples, pay a visit to the city's famed Japanese Bridge.
- You can rent bicycles and explore the surrounding countryside
- Take a relaxing river cruise, relax on the beach
- Visit some of Hoi An's famed tailor shops
- Relax yourself after an energetic day
- You can stretch yourself through massage service around your accommodation
- Drive to Danang and then take a flight to Ho Chi Minh City
- Discover the 'Secret Weapons Bunker' in Old Saigon
- This morning's trip to Danang takes us by the Marble Mountains' five peaks
*Marble Mountains, which were once thought to be islands and were considered to symbolize the five elements of water, wood, fire, gold, and earth.
- See a different aspect of Ho Chi Minh City this afternoon
- Go to District 3 and pull off the major highway into the maze of little alleyways that make up this vibrant district
- The trip leads you past run-down storefronts, through local markets selling everything
- Stop at a local stand for a typical Vietnamese coffee (brewed coffee served sweet with condensed milk) and 'Banh Mi,' a Vietnamese variation on the simple French baguette
- The trek brings you to the end of the so-called 'secret weapons' bunker
- A trap door in the floor of a little inconspicuous 'tube home' hidden in a calm neighborhood conceals a basement loaded with guns, grenades, and ammo.
- The bunker was the base from which the Viet Cong's "Team 5" launched their attack during the Tet Offensive in 1968, and its location was only revealed after the war ended
- You have some time to go about the home and bunker, loaded with deactivated weaponry, pictures, news clippings, and military souvenirs
- Take your romantic night with a Luxury Dinner Cruise on the Saigon River
- Overnight in Saigon
- Visit the notorious Cu Chi Tunnels, which were first built by the Vietnamese during their colonial fight with the French, and were subsequently considerably developed and became famous during the Vietnam War when they functioned as an underground command post for 10,000 Viet Cong forces
- Get an insight into the conditions that the Vietnamese and their American foes faced (the tunnels are narrow and can be pretty claustrophobic)
- The afternoon offers visitors extra time in the city, including an optional trip to the waterpark, a terrific way to beat the midday heat
- You can join Ho Chi Minh City Half-day - Small Group to explore Saigon deeply
- Spend your night on Bui Vien Street, known as Southern Vietnam Lan Kwai Fong
- Leave the city and go to the Mekong Delta
- Board a boat to the start of our cycling journey
- Ride about 10 - 12 kilometers along the flat Cai Thai village route
- The path is frequently shaded, which helps to keep the humidity at bay (the boat can pick up cyclists at various stopping points if required)
- Stop by Mrs. Nani's house for a demonstration on how to create rice paper through the traditional method
- Visit Mr. and Mrs. Chin's house for refreshments, including her renowned 'Banh Tieu' (traditional doughnut)
- Return to the boat, eat lunch on board
- Set sail for our night stop
- Conclude your journey to your homestay nearby by transferring from our cruise boat to a sampan craft
- The apartment is en-suite (shower and toilet) and has traditional décor throughout
- It is placed in a nice garden setting with the main sitting area and dining room
- Get a Vietnamese cooking class in the early evening
- Taste your cooking results and enjoy your dinner
- After leaving the homestay, sail back through the Mekong delta
- Pass by tiny floating marketplaces
- Take in the ambiance of this unique trading hub, an extensive network of waterways and islands that crisscross agricultural communities, rice fields, and mangrove swamps
- Return to Ho Chi Minh City
- Plan to arrive in Ho Chi Minh City at about 3 p.m
- Your flight can leave at 5 p.m. at the earliest
- 10 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 1 Brunch, 2 Dinner
- Airplane, Car, Train, Cruise, Bicycle, Shuttle Bus
- Hotel (8 nights), Halong Bay Cruise (1 night), Overnight train to Hue (1 night), NA (1 night)
- Homestay in Mekong Delta - Option 3* (1 night)/ Hotel/ Lodge in Mekong Delta - Option 4,5* (1 night)
- Overnight in shared Twin/ Double room with Air-condition (AC) at hotel.
- All transport during tour on air - conditioned vehicle as per itinerary (including airport pick up & see off)
- All in-tour stationed local English speaking guide.
- Meals as indicated in the program
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Bike hire
- Train ticket Hanoi Hue
- 1 domestic flight Da Nang – Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotel EARLY check in & LATE check out
- Peak season surcharge & compulsory dinner at the hotel (if any)
- International flight to or from Vietnam with taxes
- Visa or Passport Fees
- Travel Insurance
- Tips, laundry and gratuities
- Meals not marked on itinerary, and water during meals
(1.1) FIT – An initial deposit of 20% is required at the time of booking.
(1.2) Leisure groups – An initial deposit of 20% is required at the time of booking.
(1.3) Incentive and MICE groups – An initial deposit of 20% is required at the time of booking.
(1.4) In some circumstances it may be necessary for us to request additional deposits due to the contracture requirements of our suppliers. SKY ASIA TRAVEL will advise you of the complete conditions attached to any deposits required at the time of confirmation.
(1.5) In the event of the non-payment of any requested deposit, we reserve the right to cancel the reservation.
(1.6) Note that if many extra services are booked after initial confirmation, Cashel Travel may require extra payments.
(1.7) Please note initial deposits (20%) are non-refundable
Following the receipt of the initial deposit, the client will be furnished with a confirmation of the tour details. The client shall immediately notify in writing if any errors are noted. SKY ASIA TRAVEL shall not be responsible for any errors not so notified.
+/ Full payment must be received 45 days prior to the tour/programme commencement date unless credit facilities agreed.
+/ In the event of the non-payment by due date we reserve the right to cancel the reservation, and in such event all deposits received shall be non-refundable.
+/ In the event of billing errors we reserve the right to re-invoice the correct amount.
+/ Amendments: In the event of cancellation of individual participants which results in changes in number of passengers within the group, SKY ASIA TRAVEL might apply a charge.
Travel insurance and medical precautions are essential. We do not give specific advice on these matters as we are expert in neither, and individual circumstances differ.
We advise you to tell us the name of the company and its contact details so that we can give notification on your behalf if you are unable to do so in the unlikely event of an accident occurring.
If you are intending to engage in any activity that could be considered ‘hazardous’ in any way, you should check your insurance carefully to make sure that you will be covered in the case of an accident.
You can send your request via the form below.
Package name: From North to South Vietnam Family Holidays 11 days