Duong Lam Commune is a community of six traditional villages some 50 km from Hanoi. It’s notable for several reasons, not least its extraordinary longevity.
Considering its proximity to Vietnam’s sprawling capital city, it not only emerged almost unscathed from half a century of warfare, but also escaped the recent rampant urbanisation of the area. The latter owes much to the commune’s atypical local traditions and beliefs – your guide will explain.
It’s a picture postcard patchwork of verdant fields, shady trees and small huddles of cottages and pagodas built of raw laterite blocks. One village in particular, Mong Phu, is an architectural treasure house with dozens of buildings dating back to the 17th century.
After visiting the commune house, the Mia Pagoda and the local market, you can drop in to a typical ancient house where you’ll be welcomed with a cup of green tea and an opportunity to talk about the daily life of the commune and its main occupation – farming. Lunch will be awaiting you at the local house after which you’ll return to Hanoi, stopping en-route to visit the Van Phuc silk village. You’ll spend the night in Hanoi
Our price includes:
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements). Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests’ return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
- Lunch at a local house (as specified in the itinerary)
- VAT and other taxes
Our price does not include:
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- International flight tickets and all taxes concerned except mentioned above
- Camera fees (if any)
- Visa stamping fees for Vietnam
- Late checkout after 12:00pm or early check in before 14:00
- Other services not mentioned above
- Gratuities, Tips to Guides or Drivers. Unlike other travel agencies, we pay the guides and drivers a base salary. The tipping is not mandatory however the guides and drivers, as in many other countries, will usually expect a tip. Those customers wishing to tip often ask us what they should give. Our suggestion would be for your group size: US$ 3-5 /pax/day for Guide and US$ 1-2/pax/day for Driver. Of course, only tip if the service has truly satisfied you. It is not required to tip in restaurants, unless you wish to.
Hanoi Head Office: 5 Ly Nam De, Hang Ma ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh City Branch Office: 5th floor, Halo Building, 3-5 Road 3-2, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Singapore Marketing Office: 547 Jurong West Street 42 #08-141, S640547
Hotline: +84 989345302 (phone/whatsapp/zalo)
Mail: [email protected]