You’ll have the whole day to explore Vietnam’s capital city on the back of a motorbike. Your guide will first take you to the Women’s Museum – small, but a fascinating narrative of the role of women in Vietnam, particularly during the war. Your next stop will Ngoc Ha Market to stroll around this huge, bustling place taking in the vibrant atmosphere that typifies Ha Noi, and then followed by the Temple of Literature, the first university in Vietnam dating back to the 11th century.
After lunch, you will set off for a ride through the city’s iconic narrow streets and head into the heart of the historic Old Quarter to the railway tracks on Phung Hung street, you can see how the locals live and work, just centimetres from the train tracks, in tall narrow houses.
Your next stop will be Long Bien Bridge, a magnificent structure built over a hundred years ago which spans the Red River and connects the Hoan Kiem and Long Bien districts, and provides shelter to locals living on boats underneath.
Returning to the Old Quarter, the day will includes a ‘Street Life’ experience, also on the back of a motorbike. You’ll spend a couple of hours wandering around the back streets in and nearby the Old Quarter. A street food brunch is included – take your pick from traditional Hanoi Pho (beef noodle soup), Nom (green papaya salad with seasoned beef), Banh Goi (pillow-shaped rice pastry with minced pork and mushroom), Banh Cuon (hot rice paper with pork and fried onion) or Bun Cha (fresh noodle with grilled pork). If you’re hungry, try two or three varieties – they’re snacks rather than a meal.
Our price includes:
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements). Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests’ return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
- Motorbike with local experience driver and helmet
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
- Street foods meals (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local foodstall
- VAT and other taxes
Our price does not include:
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- International flight tickets and all taxes concerned except mentioned above
- Camera fees (if any)
- Visa stamping fees for Vietnam
- Late checkout after 12:00pm or early check in before 14:00
- Other services not mentioned above
- Gratuities, Tips to Guides or Drivers. Unlike other travel agencies, we pay the guides and drivers a base salary. The tipping is not mandatory however the guides and drivers, as in many other countries, will usually expect a tip. Those customers wishing to tip often ask us what they should give. Our suggestion would be for your group size: US$ 3-5 /pax/day for Guide and US$ 1-2/pax/day for Driver. Of course, only tip if the service has truly satisfied you. It is not required to tip in restaurants, unless you wish to.
Hanoi Head Office: 5 Ly Nam De, Hang Ma ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh City Branch Office: 5th floor, Halo Building, 3-5 Road 3-2, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Singapore Marketing Office: 547 Jurong West Street 42 #08-141, S640547
Hotline: +84 989345302 (phone/whatsapp/zalo)
Mail: [email protected]