You’ll have half a day to explore Vietnam’s premier ceramics centre in detail. The road to Bat Trang runs alongside the river. It’s about 15km east of Hanoi and famous for making fine ceramics. Your guide will take you through the busy tourist area to the much quieter old part of the village along the riverside. There you can stroll through the narrow streets from the old part of the village, walking through small alley passing by Bat Trang Communal House, local houses making ceramics and then Bat Trang Ceramic Market and a visit to a studio to see the whole process of making fine ceramics and meet the craftspeople. At the studio, you can try your hand at creating a ceramic product. Returning to Hanoi in time for lunch.
Calling Bat Trang a ‘village’ is a serious misnomer. It’s the size of a small town! The top end is very commercialised and concerned with glazed ceramic artefacts while the riverside ‘ancient’ village leans more towards earthenware and pottery products. There’s also a large ceramics market with many small businesses selling a wide variety of items.
Our price includes:
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements). Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests’ return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
Our price does not include:
- Lunches and Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- International flight tickets and all taxes concerned except mentioned above
- Camera fees (if any)
- VAT and other taxes
- Visa stamping fees for Vietnam
- Late checkout after 12:00pm or early check in before 14:00
- Other services not mentioned above
- Gratuities, Tips to Guides or Drivers. Unlike other travel agencies, we pay the guides and drivers a base salary. The tipping is not mandatory however the guides and drivers, as in many other countries, will usually expect a tip. Those customers wishing to tip often ask us what they should give. Our suggestion would be for your group size: US$ 3-5 /pax/day for Guide and US$ 1-2/pax/day for Driver. Of course, only tip if the service has truly satisfied you. It is not required to tip in restaurants, unless you wish to.